Business Insolvency Helpline places a high priority on client service and is committed to maintaining the quality of service provided to all participants in the insolvency process, including creditors, directors, shareholders, bankrupts, and debtors.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive, you should follow the following process:
- Contact Steve Jones: If you have a complaint, contact Steve Jones immediately to attempt to resolve it. You can do this by emailing our CEO, Steve Jones, at [email protected].
- Provide Detailed Information: To assist Steve Jones in addressing your complaint as quickly and efficiently as possible, your letter of complaint should include the following information:
- Your name and address.
- The full name of the insolvency case, including the Court name and number if applicable.
- Copies of any relevant correspondence and documents related to the complaint.
- The name of the person or persons against whom your complaint is made.
- Full details of your complaint.
- An explanation of how you would like Steve Jones to resolve your complaint.
- Keep Them Informed: If your circumstances or expectations change or if the information provided in your complaint letter changes or becomes irrelevant, inform Steve Jones as soon as possible.
- Alternative Resolution: If Steve Jones is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the option to refer your complaint to The Insolvency Complaints Gateway at gov.uk/complain-about-insolvency-practitioner. The Insolvency Complaints Gateway will review your complaint and determine if it should be referred to Steve Jones CEO, or the relevant insolvency practitioners regulating body, The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, who are bound by the Insolvency Code of Ethics.
- Insolvency Service Enquiry Line: If you encounter difficulty accessing the online complaints form, you can also make your complaint through the Insolvency Service Enquiry Line. You can contact them via email at [email protected] or by telephone at 0300 678 0015. They will guide you through the complaint process over the phone.
- Postal Complaints: If you prefer to send your complaint by mail, you can post it to IP Complaints, 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA.
It’s important to note that the Insolvency Service encourages complainants to attempt to resolve complaints through the internal process of the firm (in this case, Steve Jones) before involving external bodies. This helps facilitate a more efficient resolution of the complaint.